Golden milk is considered one of the best healing beverages in Ayurvedic medicine which satisfies all constitutions. Not only is it anti-inflammatory and gut-healing, it's also just so damn satisfying! The perfect way to start your day or to help wind you down before bed. This is a very flexible recipe and you can tweak it to your liking, just remember the most important things are the turmeric, honey and healthy fats (either ghee, butter or coconut oil).
This Recipe is:
- Immune Boosting
- Blood-sugar Balancing
- Gut Soothing
- 2.5 cups homo milk (or coconut milk, or any alternative milk)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (or fresh turmeric)
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of cinnamon
- TINY pinch of clove powder
- pinch of cardamom powder (or a few cardamom pods)
- pinch of ginger (or you can use fresh ginger sliced)
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp raw unpasteurized honey (preferably local for the best benefits)
- 1 tbsp ghee (or coconut oil, butter)
- pinch of salt
- Add all the spices to a small pot and gently heat on medium until aromatic, stirring so not to burn. 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and ghee and heat until warm and gently bubbling, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Place in a blender with a lid so air may escape (ie. not the bullet ) and blend until frothy.
- Place in your favourite mug or tea cup and enjoy!