Eggs! Eggs! Eggs!
It may seem that all I post about are eggs. Here’s why:
1. They are a clean form of protein.
When purchased from a respectable farm they aren’t filled with growth hormones or gmo sprayed feed. Also, you want the chickies to have a social life. Also also, this recipe has 24grams of protein, not bad at all.
2. Quick easy meals .
You can add anything to a frittata. Go on and empty the fridge, it’s a blank canvas.
3. Nutrient Density.
Eggs are one of the most complete, nutrient dense foods available. Full spectrum of amino acids, gots your choline for premium brain food. Amongst many other nutrient they have a good amount of vitamin d (tough to get in food form). In this lady’s opinion, Eggs are a superfood in the truest sense of the word.
4. Long lasting energy .
Because it is full of protein it will keep you full and satiated longer. This helps to stave off cravings as opposed to eating refined carbs which has you searching for your next snack 20 minutes after eating.
This recipe takes 10 minutes and makes a great breakfast or packed lunch. look at it as a vehicle to shove has Many greens in it as you can. That’s the secret !
- 1/4 red onion, slices thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 2 inches of hot salami (optional)
- 1 tsp butter or ghee
- Handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- handful of arugula
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- black pepper
- Good salt
- turmeric, sprinkle
- On medium low heat, melt half the butter in a non stick sauce pan, swirl to coat the pan.
- Saute the onion and salami for 2-3 minutes until onions turn clear, stirring often.
- Add sliced garlic and stir frequently for 1 minute, do not brown.
- Add parsley spinach and arugula, sauté for 1 minute until slightly wilted.
- Add whisked eggs. Using a spatula be sure to cover all sides with egg.
- place lid ontop and cook covered for about 4 minutes.
- Using a spatula, release the egg from the pan. Carefully slide onto a plate.
- Add remaining butter to pan, swirl to coat the pan. Holding the plate from the bottom, flip the egg back into the saucepan, now cooking The top side. (if this freaks you out, just pop into the oven on broil for 1 minute to cook the top)
- sprinkle the salt, pepper and turmeric. Enjoy.