This is a very easy recipe that everyone should already know how to make, but if you don't... here is a great basic recipe. Frittata is the perfect clean-out-the-fridge meal, and it works with breakfast or lunch. Almost anything can go in it, even leftover spaghetti ! In this version, I've used beautiful summer tomatoes, a whole load of caramelized onions (Including a Nonna tip), and freshly torn basil. Simple.
- 2 smallish tomatoes
- 1 1/2 medium onions
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- splash of cider vinegar
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (any cheese!)
- On medium heat, add the coconut oil and sliced onions. Saute for 5-8 min until slightly browned. Splash with apple cider vinegar (nonna tip) and continue to caramelize.
- In the mean time, whisk together eggs in a bowl and chop tomatoes
- When onions are cooked, sprinkle tomatoes evenly throughout the pan, then add the whisked eggs
- Cover with a lid and cook on med until bottom starts to stiffen and top doesn't look so wet.
- Once the bottom is cooked (before going brown) add the fresh torn basil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and shred cheese on top
- Whack in the oven under broil. Keep a close eye until the cheese starts to crisp slightly
- Serve with crusty bread for breakfast or a fresh salad for lunch!
This recipe serves 2-3 people